- Entry to the competition is open to all SPAC members
Measuring of Fish
- The competition uses a digital photographic measurement technique. Fish will not be weighed for competition purposes.
- The DEPI length to weight table will be used to estimate the weight if desired.
- The photo of an entry fish, on commercially available brag mat, must be taken with date embedded and member card clearly visible; GPS data is preferred but not compulsory.
- The brag mat scale must be clearly readable.
- The photo must show entire length of fish with nose against brag mat stop end and tail fork clearly visible ie tail expanded, fanned out not closed up.
- The fish length measured is the fork length – nose to V of the tail.
- The Weighmaster determines the length of the fish by photo enlargement for accuracy – accurate to the half cm and records the entries in the competition record book.
- The Weighmaster’s decision is final. Lengths are checked by the Secretary or other appointed person and the consensus length is the length accepted.
- Photo is to be sent to or taken by the Weighmaster – text, email or memory stick.
- Weigh master (Ben Weston – 0437 094 448 ) will acknowledge receipt of photo by return text or email or if physically presented to the Weighmaster by printed competition entry record.
- If the Weighmaster determines the photo is not clear or is not eligible for entry then a return text, email or verbal communication will occur requesting a valid photographic entry.
- The Weighmaster will inform the competitor of the measured length of the entry by text message, email or printed competition entry record.
- Weighmaster will copy the photo entry and recorded length to the Club Secretary and the Web Site Manager and publications officer.
- A gallery of photo entries to be maintained on the club web site. No lengths mentioned.
- All prizes will be determined by the committee.
Example Competition Rules for Download (past and present)
Snapper_Competition_Rules_2015 as a PDF.
SMS or email photos of snapper to Ben on 0437 094 448
Please send one of you holding the fish and one on the measuring mat with your SPAC ID card clearly visible and the length of the fish clearly visible.